Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Today's WOD is HAVE FUN or RELAX...either one will work. Take the day off and share with your family and eat all you want...one day is not going to kill you. We'll be right back at it on Friday!
Monday, December 29, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Basic Zone Rules:
1. Eat a Zone meal or snack within one hour after waking.
2. Eat every 4 to 6 hours after a meal or 2 to 2½ hours after a snack, whether you are hungry or not.
3. Assess your hunger level and mental focus before every meal or snack. Lack of hunger and clarity of mind are signs you are staying in the Zone.
4. Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
5. Start every meal or snack with low-fat protein. Next add low glycemic-load carbohydrates (i.e. vegetables and fruits) and good fats (i.e. olive oil). Remember, a typical serving of low-fat protein fits in your palm of your hand and is no thicker than your hand (about 3 ounces for most females and 4 ounces for most males) A typical snack contains 1 ounce of protein for both women and men. At first, a kitchen scale may be helpful for measuring. Don’t worry. You’ll be able to eyeball it in no time.
Two things can happen after you watch this video...it can motivate you to train your abs and lower back harder...or it can make you not want to train anymore!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
CrossFit BRIGA les desea una Feliz Navidad y esperamos seguir enseñándole al resto de Latinoamerica lo maravilloso que es este método de entrenamiento. Empezaremos en año en nuestro nuevo "BOX" que está listo ya!
CrossFit BRIGA wishes you have a Merry Christmas and we hope to keep showing the rest of Latin America how wonderfull this training method is. We'll start the year in our new "BOX"!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Les dejo con los highlights de los CrossFit Games del año pasado. Estamos a 190 días de los del 2009 y el TEAM BRIGA se está preparando duro para representar a Latinoamerica.
CrossFit Games '08 Highlights from Von Ware from CrossFit Newcastle on Vimeo.
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 de cada ejercicio
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 of each exercise
Push Press 75#/55#
Sumo deadlift high pull 75#/55#
Para evitar confusiones, harás 10 repeticiones de cada ejercicio, después 9 y así hasta llegar a 1 repetición de cada ejercicio. Después, subir hasta llegar a 10 repeticiones de cada ejercicio.
To clear up any confusion you will do 10 reps of each exercise, then 9 reps and on down untill you hit 1 rep of each exercises. Then you head back up the ladder.
3 horas antes o después de tu WOD de CrossFit
3 + Hours Before CrossFit Main Site WOD
Choose ONE of The Following Sports:
Swim: 10 x 100m/y holding fastest possible pace without deviating more than 5 sec... 15 sec recoveries.
Bike: 4 x 2 - 3 mile hill repeats holding fastest possible pace and not deviating more than 1 min per repeat. Recoveries are how long it takes you to come down the hill. If you do not have a hill then use tension on a trainer or ergometer with steady tension.
Run: 2 x 3/4 - 1 mile hill repeats holding fastest possible pace without deviating more then 1 minute and recovering 1 min before descending hill easy. Repeat after 1 min recovery at bottom of hill... treadmill use 7% grade, recover 2 min and repeat.
C2: 3 x 1k repeats not deviating more then 5 seconds. 2 min recoveries.Foul If you deviate more then specifiedFoul: 20 pistol squats (10 each side)